Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Here I go Again...

I got back to Colorado from the bus tour just in time to relax and go back to work. I spent a weekend down in Colo. Springs and hung out with my mom and dad. We watched movies, went out for dinner and talked about the election and all the proposed amendments for Colorado. I went to the driving range with my dad and went and creeped around my grandma’s new house with my G-ma and my mom. They were making decorating decisions and talking crazy-talk about peeling wallpaper and that sort of nonsense.

I’m so glad I’ll be out on tour with work; otherwise I would get suckered into helping with all that. It’s a very nice house and it has a "horrible" view of the golf course and the mountains. I'm glad they’re moving back. It will be nice to have them in CO and not have to travel to Phoenix anymore.

I went to Baylor for Homecoming and Halloween. It was amazing to see everyone again and just hang out. It was a little weird to be on campus again, but it's such a beautiful place. I went to see Dr. Larson, my prof from Spain, we talked about life and the new direction of Baylor. We were both a little disgusted with some of the things going on, but since no one is asking our opinions, all that talk stops at the door to his office. The Zeta float won!!!! I was soooo proud of the girls and all the hard work our float chairs put into this year's project. I also saw my fav profs over in the Journalism school.

The Last Bad-Ass Halloween party was a blast. I dressed up as Lil’ Red Ridding Hood and had a ton of fun in my red heels!  My friend Robin was Wendy, from the restaurant chain, and she kept bopping everyone in the face with her braids. We got some good pics of her catching people in the face with those things! I knew I missed everyone, but I didn’t realize how much until I had to leave them again. Hopefully I’ll be able to return to campus soon and see friends before they graduate.

I stayed with Lara and had fun driving her car while she was out doing all her float duties. It was really nice to be an alumna and not have to be worried about float or be so sleep deprived that I couldn’t function.

Once I got back to Colorado from Baylor I realized the cold I caught wasn’t going to get any better unless I started taking care of myself, so I’ve been downing the vitamins and OJ. Hopefully it won’t last too much longer.

I’m on the plane right now headed to Houston for a work conference. It lasts until the weekend and I'm super pumped b/c Lara is coming into town to hang out on Friday. After that I head back to Columbus, OH with Jessica (girl I work with & a Zeta!!!) to pick up the bus and start a new leg of the bus tour.

This time the bus tour will be going to schools in Columbus, Pittsburgh, Washington, D.C., Richmond, Raleigh and Atlanta. We’ll be stopping in D.C. for an FBLA conference and leaving the south just in time for Thanksgiving at home.

I can’t wait!!!!!

No comments: