Thursday, January 28, 2010

State of Life

Life in CO has been going very well. I'm all settled in to my new cottage ... best little place! Plus, I did all the repairs and renovations (except the floors, the pops did that) so I appreciate it's quality WAY more! It's really nice to live somewhere I love.

Although it does come with its quirks: the main breaker blows if I run the washer on a certain cycle or run the dryer and my blow dryer at the same time; the neighbors smoke a LOT of pot and sometimes my patio gets engulfed in the fumes (you be the judge on the negatives or positives on that one!); and there is only one way in and out of the little housing area ... sometimes we have little traffic jams.

I've started working for my family's company - Insurance Marketing Enterprises, Inc. - right now I should be studying for my health and life licensing exams, but my brain is fried for the day! My official title is Marketing & Communications Coordinator/ Broker. It sounds crazy official, but it's really more like my dad making me learn the business from the bottom, up. I'm answering phones and taking client quote requests until I pass my exams.

With all the recent turmoil in Congress over the Health Care reform, I'm starting to wonder what will change. All the things I'm studying now could be changing in the next 3-4 years, depending on what makes it through Congress and when the new policies get phased-in.

Last night was the State of the Union address. Dems and the GOP are reacting ... well, as expected ... like a bunch of jackasses. I am so sick of hearing everyone complain or bash across party lines. I think Americans need to educate themselves and become more actively involved in policy by communicating with their Sen/Rep (or running for office themselves) ... if you don't like something, stop bitching and get involved ... plus, i can't stand all this democrat/republican bi-partisanship. We are AMERICANS ... decide where YOU stand on the issues and don't just vote the party line.

"If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." --Samuel Adams

Not only does he make a good Boston Lager, but he had the foresight to challenge We The People with protecting our greatest asset: our freedoms. I'm not supporting or rejecting President Obama or the Democrat-heavy Congress. Actions speak 1,000 times louder than words. In 2010, I expect our government to stop screwing around and start making things happen!

Hope everyone is having a great year so far! Don't forget to vote!

No comments: