Wednesday, December 23, 2009

New Job, New Season, New ... Everything






In the past month there have been a lot of changes!

On December 1, I started working for Insurance Marketing Enterprises, Inc. It's a company that specializes in employee (group) and individual benefits in Health, Life, Dental, Disability and Long-Term Care insurance. The pic at the left is what I'll be using on my new business cards and for the Web site.

I will be answering the phones for a while and studying to take my state boards in Health & Life. Once I get my license I will be helping with the selling part, but mostly this year is all about learning the ins and outs of the business. Right now I'm taking pre-licensing classes and test prep. My teacher is this older guy from Jersey. His accent isn't too thick anymore, but he says a few things that are HILARIOUS! Gotta love a Jersey guy!

My official title is Marketing & Communications (MarCom for short) Coordinator. The biggest thing I'm working on right now is getting the Web site up and running; organizing the office (the file cabinets are a disaster ... so much wasted paper ... that should be digital anyway!); and getting our customer service protocols in place and improving the systems that are already working.

Jose Muldoons is still in the mix. I'm working there a few nights a week and on the weekends. It's nice to have extra money to pay off my student loans!

Two weeks ago I came into work on Monday and found out I was moving that night. For about a month I worked on one of my parent's cottages. When they did the final walk-through they decided the place was too nice to rent to someone else. So I got home that afternoon and by midnight almost everything was in my new place ... except my vacuum and my clothes! I moved really FAR! Actually it was a whole 200 feet. I felt really stupid when I had to do all my change of address forms!

Winter is finally here. This is the first year I can remember since I was little that we will have a white Christmas. The season didn't really set in for me this year, since things have been so crazy, until it started snowing and I realized I had 10 days to do all my shopping. It's pretty sad when Preston Roush's Facebook status is when you realize you have a ton of stuff to do in 10 days ... thanks for the countdown Preston ... it totally got me motivated!

I hope everyone has an amazing Christmas!
Hope you enjoy the photo ... White Christmas' are the
best thing in the world!

No comments: