Ok, so I haven't written in FOREVER ... my bad! Things have been crazy! Traveled all through the Fall, got laid-off in Jan., moved in March, started a new part-time job 2 days after my move, got accepted to a program to teach English in South Korea ... I've been a busy bee and blogging got tossed to the side for a few, ahem ... months.
But here's the 411: I'm back in the 719!
Living right up the side of a mountain ... it's a famous one! I've got almost all the boxes unpacked. I'm still going through stuff. My dad already helped me haul an entire truck load of stuff to the Salvation Army and I still have 2 more BIG boxes to take.
I'm working part-time at a downtown restaurant, it's been around since Downtown Colorado Springs wasn't anything but a blip on the map ... I know, I know ... $120,000 degree and I'm hostessing at a restaurant. BUT, don't hate! I'm paying my bills, paying off my Baylor/Spain loans and it's helping supplement the income I'm making doing part-time PR for a firm out of the Denver area.
The weather has been gorgeous lately ... well, I say that as the local news tells me there's a huge blizzard headed this way ... NEAT!
Anyway, I went for a little hike the other day at The Garden of the Gods and got some good shots of THE PEAK (the only one that matters in my book). I'm only kind of kidding. I'm not hating on the other 14-ers, but seriously. I would venture to say that besides winter-time-skiing-only-tourism, Pike's Peak is one of the biggest pulls for tourism in the state during the rest of the year.
Take a gander, if you will ... let me know if you like any of the shots I'm thinking of having a few of them enlarged and framed ... leave a comment/vote for your favs! I might even start a little patriotic album that includes American landmarks. I've got some great pics from D.C. to add!
Peace be with you!



No comments:
Post a Comment