Recently I've been working two jobs: serving tables at a local restaurant and searching for a full-time PR job. I went to Washington, D.C. earlier this week for an interview. The interview turned into two seperate interviews. I "accidentally" missed my flight to stay in DC for the second interview, then caught a later flight on standby. I find out about the job early next week after I turn in my homework project. They assigned me a few things to work on so I can showcase my writing, creative ideas and layout capabilities. Hopefully I'll be getting some good news soon.
I also spent some time at a museum in D.C. called Newseum. It's a journalist's Heaven! Newseum is all about the history of print media and journalism, it also covers some of TV and radio broadcast media. I loved it! I spent 3.5 hours there and only finished three of the six floors. However, the best part has to be when I started laughing hysterically at the fact that they have an entire disply for what happened in Waco, Texas in 1993. The Branch Davidians, David Koresh, Madeline Albright and the Waco Tribune-Herald made both American history and Journalistic history. I took a few pictures before my camera died (it wasn't my day for electronics ... my phone died too).



1 comment:
Glad that you are writing again! More ways to stalk you! :) Love!
Post a Comment